Many people think that clean eating means a chicken breast and broccoli for dinner, it does not have to be that way, you can add so much flavor to your foods. This recipe is a perfect example of that, it is AMAZBALLS! You just can not go wrong, not only is it fast but it also saves you money and unwanted lbs on your waste line.
This dish is creamy and comforting with the right amount of zest from the limes. A great way to get a load of veggies in. This is wonderful as leftovers the next day for lunch.
Containers- 1 green container = 1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1 Orange
- 6 oz Whole Wheat fettuccine or Linguine noodles
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 3 Tablespoons Bragg's liquid amino ( or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 2 bell peppers (prefer red, yellow or orange)
- 1 zucchini cut in half and sliced
- 1 onion ( red preferred)
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- Mrs. Dash garlic and herb
- cilantro and peanuts for garnish (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package.
- While the water is coming to a boil chop all veggies.
- In a Pyrex dish combine the sesame oil, peanut butter, honey, braggs, sriracha, and warm water. place in microwave for a few second to melt the peanut butter and whisk, add the lime juice, set aside.
- heat skillet to medium/high heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil, add veggies and season with salt and pepper, Mrs. Dash garlic and herb.
- When that pasta is done drain and add to the veggies, pour the sauce onto the veggies and noodles, stir to incorporate.
- Top with cilantro, peanuts and an extra lime wedge. ENJOY!