If you have ever had hamburger helper then this looks familiar to you, but this one is 100% clean and actually very good for you. My pickiest eater Colin requested this one today, he is 6 and hates everything! To get a specific request makes my heart sing because I know its healthy..shhh don't tell him. I have even served this for casual company and it was a hit.
This is what I will tell you, DO NOT BE AFRAID! I know you are gonna look at the ingredients and say well, that is gonna be disgusting and you are gonna want to use regular milk because I did the first time too. It actually turns out better with the almond milk......just trust me kay.....kay :) Please Please be sure to salt the water for your noodles, salt the beef as well!
Time 30 min Serves 4-6 FIX containers: 1 green container is 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 red
- 2 1/2 cups high fiber pasta cooked to AL DENTE ( I like smart taste and bow ties, rotini or shells)
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp Mrs. dash garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups plain almond milk
- 1/2 cup of cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Boil noodles according to package in SALTED water
- While water is boiling, in a skillet brown ground beef with garlic and herb seasoning and a heavy pinch of salt
- Add Dijon mustard and incorporate into ground beef for 30 seconds then add the rest of the ingredients, stir to combine.
- When pasta noodles are done, drain them and add them to the sauce while it is thickening. The noodles will finish cooking and get coated in all the cheesy goodness. The sauce will thicken as it cools a bit. Check for seasoning and add another pinch of salt as needed!