Sometimes you just need a grilled cheese and a nice bowl of tomato soup!!!! When I think of those 2 things I immediately think of Campbell's and Kraft! You know that is what you think of too! But we are adults now and we also have health and fitness goals. Knowing that yellow cheesy melted goodness is just fake processed cheese and that warm creamy soup is filled with sodium and laced with preservatives! There is a better way!
Can we talk about this Cheesy Garlic Bread for just a sec??? Because seriously this is slap yo' mama good and it totally on plan! I know, You are welcome! It is creamy, cheesy, garlicky and delicious the perfect pair with this tomato soup! Coming to the blog next week so stay tuned and get the e-mail subscriptions so you don't miss more of my easy healthy recipes!
Back the the regularly scheduled program! This soup is fabulous, I have had people who HATE tomato soup and rave about this one! TRY it you'll love it! Let me know what you and your family thinks!
21 Day Fix Container 1 purple container
Servings about 6
- 2 14 oz can fire roasted tomato ( low sodium or no salt added if you can find that)
- 1/2 can 6 oz tomato paste
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 large carrots diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves minced or 1 tablespoon of jarred minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- OPTIONAL - 1/4 cup chopped Fresh basil if in season if not available use a generous 1 teaspoon dried.
- In a large soup pan on medium high heat add olive oil carrots, celery, onion and a good pinch of salt and pepper, saute until veggies a a bit soft.
- Add garlic, saute for about a minute, fold tomato paste into the veggies letting it cook for about 2 min.
- Add the fore roasted tomatoes and the juices along with vegetable broth into the pot stirring to combine let simmer for 10 min.
- Remove from heat and use an immersion blender or transfer soup to a blender ( please be careful as the soup will be hot at this point, if you have time allow to cool for a few min) blend soup till smooth adding additional liquid depending on how thick you like it.
- Return back to pan, taste add salt and pepper to taste along with fresh chopped or dried basil!
- ENJOY, optional top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
SHORTCUT OPTION- Purchase the already pre-chopped container of carrots, onions and celery known as a soup starter. You can find this in the produce section usually where they have the other chopped veggies!
* This soup is perfect for making a double batch and freezing for a lazy or crazy night!