I love the comfort of some Sloppy Joe sandwiches and so do the kids!!! I developed these because I couldn't find any recipes that didn't include gobs of ketchup or a canned mix that had all the additives I try to avoid in my diet! I want to KNOW what is going into my food, with these simple ingredients it is just as easy as opening a can! I hope you enjoy these messy morsels as much as we do!
- Time 30 min
- Serves- 4
- 21 Day Fix Containers- 1 Yellow, 1 Red.5 Purple
- 1 lb Ground beef ( Grass fed is best, but I also look for no hormones and antibiotics added)
- 1/2 Red Onion chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 15 oz can Tomato Sauce no salt added
- 1 tablespoon of minced Garlic ( I use in the jar packed with water)
- 1 tablespoon Worcheshire Sauce * optional
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tsp Siracha
- 100% Whole Wheat Sliders
- Add Beef, Onion, Salt,and Onion Powder to a pan on medium high heat, sautee until browned breaking up the meat as you go.
- Once meat is browned add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a low simmer for about 5-10 min or until thick and warmed through.
- Taste for seasoning and add any salt or sriracha at your taste preference.
- Serve immediately over and open faced slider, ENJOY!