I love a nice bowl of oatmeal! What I don't like is the fake flavor, sugar laden, and artificial chemicals & ingredients in store bought oatmeal packets. My solution? Pre-made clean eating oatmeal packets that only cost .10 instead of .50! They taste way better and help you reach your goals faster.
It is as simple as putting a few ingredients into a snack size zip-lock baggie or small container. Then they are ready to go and you are saving time and money not to mention saving yourself from a bunch of artificial ingredients.
My all time favorite is blueberry pecan! just throw in a handful of fresh blueberries and some toasted walnuts and you are good to go! I love to chop the pecans and toss them into a dry pan and toast on medium heat for a few minutes until you can smell them. right at the end I will sometimes spray them with a bit of coconut oil and sprinkle them with a bit of salt.
Time: 10 minutes Containers: 1 Yellow 1/2 Purple .25 blue
- 1/4 cup Quick oats per baggie (gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt (Do NOT skip this, you will regret it)
- 1-2 tablespoon of toasted pecans, walnuts, or almond slivers per baggie ( Pecans are my fav!)
- 1-2 teaspoons of 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- Snack size baggies (I usually make 10 at a time)
- Place open baggies on counter
- Add oats, cinnamon, salt and nuts to baggie. Close baggie and store in cool dry place.
- When ready to eat dump baggie contents into bowl or container, add blueberries and syrup
- Add hot water to your liking, stir and let sit for a few minutes. ENJOY
These baggies are so versatile! you can add any dried fruit, coconut, nuts, fresh fruit, thawed frozen fruit, chocolate chips for the kids or as a nice treat for us, Peanut butter. really the sky is the limit. I have loved the pecan blueberry flavor so I have not ventured too far outside that because it hits the spot each time! Also I sometimes add a tablespoon or 2 of my easy homemade granola for an extra crunch!