I love chicken salad! It is so delicious but often fillied with so much mayo that it can be an unhealthy option. I have lightened it up so I can stay on track and still enjoy it every once in a while!
Hands on time: 10 minutes Total time: 30 minutes Containers: 1 Red, 1 Green 1 tsp
- 3 Chicken breast regular or 6 thin cut
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Dukes Mayo ( the only mayo without sugar)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 stalks of celery diced
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Romaine lettuce leaves washed and separated
- Place chicken breast in pot of cold water bring to a boil, boil for 10-15 min until chicken is cooked.
- Drain water and shred chicken ( I love to throw it in my kitchen aid and it shreds it in 30 seconds)
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to incorporate
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if you feel like it needs more of something, add it and stir. Always taste and adjust!
- Serve inside lettuce leaves
Mayo is not 21 day fix approved, I do not have this often. When I do I count the mayo as a tsp. for me I am OK with this, if you are not you may omit it and maybe add some olive oil for creaminess. Do what makes you feel good in your journey.