Oh My GOSH! This chocolate cake is AMAZING. NO, but seriously, It was so good and hit the spot. You would never know that this did not have flour in it. This amazing cake would be so good to serve to your significant other for Valentines day!
This cake was a easy no fuss cake to throw together, even though your guests or significant other will be blown away, you will not be spending a bunch of time in the kitchen.
Prep time: 10 min Cook time 25-30 min Serves 8 Containers: 1 slice = 1 Yellow
- 6 oz. dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp hot coffee ( I used espresso)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup raw honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl melt chocolate (stove or microwave)
- Mix in coconut oil and stir until combined
- Add in remaining ingredients
- Grease 9 inch spring form pan
- Pour mixture in and bake for 25- 30 minutes until
- Let cool completely
- Remove from pan gently, slice, dust with additional cocoa powder, and serve!
strawberries or raspberries sauce: use a tablespoon of honey with 1/2 cup strawberries (sliced) or raspberries warm on stove or microwave and mash fruit a bit, place on top of individual slices. That way the rest of the cake can be stored in the fridge and warmer later. ENJOY!
The original recipe came from www.lexiscleankitchen.com