I mean come on! Who does not love tacos? Right..... the kids even like tacos. Here is the deal with these, I don't like corn tortillias, they are GROSS.....I much prefer flour but here is the thing. On the 21 day fix you can have 2 corn tortillas or 1 flour....hmmm. I came up with this recipie, you can also use the premade crunch kind but I loved the idea of a tostada.
Time: 30 min Serves 4
Containers this varies depending on the toppings you use. 1 corn tortilla = 1/2 yellow I typically use 3/4 of my red container for meat and the other 1/4 for the Greek yogurt.
- 8 Corn tortillas
- coconut oil spray
- sea salt
- Mrs. Dash southwestern seasoning
- Taco meat
- 1 14 oz can black beans drained
- 1 -2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Siracha
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Salsa ( no sugar added)
- lime wedges
- Make taco meat using using the above recipe or anyway you like
- Pour drained can of beans into a small sauce pan, add a heavy pinch of salt, cumin, water, and siracha. Bring to a simmer until beans are warmed though. Remove from heat and smash. Taste, adjust seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 425
- Place corn tortillas on a baking sheet spray with coconut oil, sprinkle with salt and seasoning. Cook tortilla on each side until crispy about 6 -7 min total. Watch carefully they will burn.
- While the tortillas crisp up set out all the fixings
- Assemble tostada anyway you like. I layered the beans first then meat, cheese followed by desired toppings. Top it with a squeeze of fresh lime and ENJOY!