One of my favorite deserts is Bananas foster, I love the idea of turning that into a FAST and healthy breakfast! These take only 5 minutes to assemble and stay good in the fridge for up to 4-5 days! You can prep these on Sunday and have them for noshing on all week!
It is best to use a steel cut oats or old fashioned oats as using the quick cooking version just makes mush! You can get so creative with flavors in these cute little jars but this is one of my favorites. I made this recipe for 1 jar so you can scale it up to how many you need. We did 6 for the week for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. NOTE: you can also add 1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts or pecans if desired.
Time: 10 minutes Yeilds: 6 jars
Containers: 1 yellow, 1 purple 1 tsp (.5 blue of using walnuts or pecans)
- 1 1/2 cup steel cut oats (if you use old fashion or quick oats it will turn to mush)
- 3 cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- pinch of cinnamon per jar
- pinch of salt per jar ( do not skip)
- 3 bananas peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heavy pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- place coconut oil in saute pan on medium high heat
- Add sliced bananas, cinnamon and salt saute for 1-2, stir occasionally.
- Add vanilla and maple syrup, saute another minute or 2, remove from heat
- While banana mixture cools, place 1/4 cup oats, a pinch of salt and cinnamon and about 1/2 cup almond milk in each jar.
- Add the banana 1/6 of the banana mixture to each jar, put on top and place in the fridge overnight! ENJOY
You can eat these cold or I like to microwave them just to take the chill off a little. If you need any additional maple syrup for sweetness, you can add it now. Each person like a different level of sweetness.