OK.......so this mama has been craving some carbs and chocolate like somethin' FEIRCE! I wanted to still stay on track, but there was no calming the chocolate beast inside. I found this recipe book I had on hand called The Paleo Kitchen and I thought it was perfect for what I was looking for! I made a few adjustments and it turned out great!
This bread turned out great, it totally hit the spot! Ya'll know I am not much of a baker.....to precise but this one was so easy even a baking newbie like me could pull it off with only 10 minutes of hands on time!
Cook Time: 10 minutes | Bake Time: 45-50 min | Containers: 1 slice = 1 yellow container | Makes 1 loaf/8 slices
For the Banana bread
- 4 medium bananas
- 4 Large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt ( I use Real salt)
For the swirl
- 2 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 1.5 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ( 100 grams) Enjoy Life mini Chocolate chips or other dark chocolate chips
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350, greece a 9x5 loaf pan
- Combine, eggs, butter, and almond butter in a food processor, kitchen aid or mixing bowl and mix ingredients until they are well blended. Add the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and salt, continue to mix until ingredients are well combined.
- in a double broiler over medium low heat, mix the swirl ingredients together until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the bread batter into the greased loaf pan, spreading it evenly. Pour the chocolate mixture over the batter and use a butter knive to swirl the chocolate mixture in!
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean, let cool before eating. ENJOY!