I have been wanting some BBQ sauce, on anything you name it a BBQ chicken wrap, BBQ ranch salad and even a BBQ chicken pizza.....oh yes! You read that right. Such a satisfying meal that you do NOT need to feel guilty about! This sauce is so versatile....maybe even some BBQ Cheddar mini meatloaf's! Now that, my friends is an idea that I may have to try out this week!
Time: 15-20 minutes Containers: 1 orange
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced or 1 tablespoon pre-minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder ( I used chipolte chili powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- juice 1 lemon
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 6 0z can of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a sauce pan add coconut oil to medium heat, add onions. Cook until translucent then add garlic cooking only 30 second more. Add the mustard both the balsamic and apple cider, paprika, cinnamon, chili powder and salt
- Add tomato paste and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and honey whisk well, bring to a simmer for 10-15 minutes
- Remove from heat squeeze in lemon juice, stir and enjoy
- Store in a mason jar or Tupperware container for up to 10 days in the fridge, 3 months in the freezer.