This salad was so AMAZING! I was worried because I made 10 jars, 5 for me and 5 for my husband to eat all week. Can you imagine if you didn't care for it and had to eat it all week for lunch!?! Luckily this one was a huge hit in our house. My husband, the guy who hates salads, said it was the best salad that he ever had! #winning!
I made 10 mason jars of these putting the dressing on the bottom and dumping it into a bowl or container when ready to eat. I will make this recipe for 5 jars and if you need to double it for another person you can. I personally look forward to this salad so much everyday, this will become a staple for us. It is so easy to just grab a jar and head out the door! These would also great quick dinner too.
Total time 45 minutes
- 3 Tbs honey
- 4 lemons plus zest
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 shallots
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 large handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 small handful of fresh sage
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups of romain lettuce chopped
- 1 large cucumber chopped
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- 1 cup of whole wheat orzo pasta cooked according to package and cooled
- Place the first 11 ingredients into a food processor or blender, blend until smooth.
- Place about 3 tablespoons of dressing in the bottom of each mason jar
- Transfer the remaining dressing to a bowl, add chicken to marinate for 15 minutes while you cook the orzo according to the directions.
- Grill or cook chicken until done, allow to cool completely then chop in to bite size pieces.
- While the Orzo and chicken cool, Chop all veggies and assemble in jars.
- layer salads with dressing, bell peppers, tomatoes, feta, orzo, chicken, lettuce
- store in the fridge for 5 days, ENJOY!
You may also place the ingredients for that salad into a container and keep the dressing separate as well!