I absolutely love meatloaf and these little mini meatloafs are so nice because they take only 25-30 minutes to bake not a whole hour like traditional meatloaf and they have so much flavor! These little babies are not your mama's meatloaf that is for sure.
These are also great for leftovers for lunch or even a high protein snack on the go! THe fresh herbs really make a difference in this recipe so try not to skip this step!
* NOTE: I always take meat out of the fridge before working with it for about 20-30 min if possible to take the chill off of it.
Time: 45 minutes total Hands on time: 15 min
Containers: 2 mini meatloaf 1 Red, 1/2 Blue,
- 1 lb ground pork, turkey, chicken or lean beef. ( I used pork)
- 1/2 cup oats ( quick or old fashioned)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 green onions with ends removed
- 2 shallots (with skin removed)
- 1/2 cup or handful of fresh sage
- 1/2 cup or handful of cilantro
- low sugar ketchup ( look for no High Fructose Corn Syrup added)
- Heat oven to 350, spray muffin pan with olive oil or coconut spray set aside
- In a large bowl place ground meat, oats, eggs, Cheese, Worcestershire sauce, Mrs. Dash, and salt, set aside.
- In a food processor or blender place Green onions, Shallots, sage and cilantro. pulse or blend until combined.
- Add the herb mixture to the large bowl. Mix with hands placing some into each opening in the muffin tin.
- top with a it of ketchup and bake for 25-30 minutes, ENJOY!