I love comfort foods, don't you??? Of course you do! annnnddddd...if you said no, I don't think we can be friends anymore...but for real. I love lasagna and if you would have told me I could have lasagna and still meet my heath and fitness goals, i would be all in! Well here is my recipe that I cam up with. a no fuss easy lasagna.
Hands on Time: 20 min Bake time 40min Serves: 8 Containers: 1 Yellow, 1/2 purple. 1 blue 1 red
- 1 lb of ground chicken, turkey or lean beef
- 1 tablespoon of Mrs dash Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 24 oz container of Cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large family size jar of your favorite pasta sauce ( I love grandmas sauce from wegmans, i buy the 2 pack family size and use 1 for this recipe)
- no cook whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown meat in skillet adding Mrs. Dash and salt, breaking apart with a spatula, removing when no longer pink.
- While the meat is browning, place Cottage cheese into a blender or food processor with eggs, oregano, Parmesan cheese, fresh cracked pepper and a pinch of salt. blend until smooth.
- preheat oven to 350 and in a 9 X 13 pan place about a cup of sauce and spread it around, placing the no cook lasagna noodles to cover the bottom. place half the mean, 1/2 the cottage cheese and some sauce over the noodles mixing it together. add more noodles on top. Use the rest of the meat, cottage cheese and more sauce on the second layer of noodles place your last layer of noodles on the meat mixture cover in sauce and top with 2 cups of cheese.
- cover with tin foil bake for about 20 minutes, remove tin foil ad bake for another 20-25 minutes until it is all warm and bubbly, ENJOY!