OMG!!!!! you have to try this! I was in search of something to serve for guest coming over for dinner and wanted to keep it a healthier dish but still something that everyone would love. That is when I stumbled across this recipe, which I adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie! Before you look at the ingredients and close the page. Hear this, tell no one that it is made with Garbanzo beans and they will have NO CLUE! My pickiest child hates beans...but for real though and he loves it. He begged for a second piece and that is when mommy internally giggles and says sure honey but only a small piece because this is a special treat...hehe!
if you are following the 21 day fix, 1 slice would be a swap for a Yellow.
- 2 cans white beans or garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup quick oats (or certified-GF quick oats)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons oil (canola, veg, or coconut)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar ( for lower sugar index)
- 3/4 cup 70 % dark chocolate chips
Pre-heat oven to 350, blend all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor, stir in the chips and place into a greased ( I used coconut oil spray) pie dish or 10 inch spring form pan. bake for 35-40 minutes, let rest for 10 min and cut into 6-8 slices. This is great all on its own or for a special treat serve with some vanilla Greek yogurt ice cream. ENJOY!