I certainly get those comfort food cravings at times where I just want some Italian food but I also don't want to ruin all the hard work I have done in my workouts. I have goals and I intend to meet them. This meal feels 100% like a cheat but its not and that my friends is called having your cake and eating it too..... but literally! When searching for sauce from the store make sure to look at the ingredients and see that there is no added sugar. I even found a clean eating sauce at my local Food Lion so chances are you can find one, just look at the ingredients!
Containers 1 Red, 1 yellow, 1 Purple ( sauce) .5 blue 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon corn meal
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 scant cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup low fat butter milk ( can use plain almond milk also)
- 1 egg
- 1 package of thin sliced chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Whole wheat pasta or GF pasta or your favorite brand
- Your favorite Jar of marinara sauce ( watch out for added sugar on these)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Place Pine nuts, corn meal into food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- place pine nut mixture, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, salt, baking powder, almond flour, coconut flour and cheese in a shallow dish, mix well with a fork.
- Combine egg and buttermilk, whisk to blend
- Dip each chicken breast into egg mixture then coat in pine nut mixture, set aside
- heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat
- Add chicken breast for 3 min on each side until golden brown
- While chicken is cooking bring salted water to a boil and cook noodles according to package
- Place skillet in oven for 10-12 minutes or transfer to a baking sheet. when chicken reads 165 the chicken is done.
- Warm spaghetti sauce in a small sauce pan
Place noodles, sauce and chicken on the plate and serve ENJOY!