Sunday morning bliss!!!! These pancakes come together in a snap in the blender! Literally blend and pour, you can freeze them and have them whenever the craving for some pancakes hit while still staying on track. Let's face it, we all want to eat pancakes but the traditional pancake does nothing for us other than taste good. When I saw this recipe, I was VERY hesitant to try it, I mean look at the ingredient list. It does not scream, yummmmm! But hang on sister because they are so crazy good even the kids love them.
Makes 8-10 pancakes, serving 3-4 pancakes Containers- 1.5 red 1 yellow .5 purple (optional for berries)
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 cup whole grain oats ( I used Trader Joe's Gluten Free Oats)
- 1 cup cottage cheese 2 or 4%
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 packet of stevia
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional berries of any kind
- 100% pure maple syrup
- Coconut oil spray
- Blend Oats, stevia, salt and cinnamon in blender until it looks like a flour
- Add Vanilla, eggs and cottage cheese and blend till smooth
- Pour batter onto a pre-heated griddle or pan sprayed with coconut oil spray, flipping after 2-3 min or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately, top with berries and syrup
- If making multiple batches, freeze on a cookie sheet and transfer to a freezer baggie, heat in microwave for 20-30 seconds to reheat or pop in the toaster for a crispier pancake.
* These are equally delish with some peanut butter spread on them after being toasted and eaten on the go for those busy mornings. The kids love them and they are getting a ton of protein and don't even know it! ENJOY!