Ahhhhhh YES! That moment you step outside and the air is crisp and cool and you know that fall is on its way! The first thing I think about is Leggings, boots, scarves and Pumpkin EVERYTHING!!!!!!! There is something comforting about a warm beverage first thing on a cold morning, I love it! What I don't love is feeling deprived, I also don't love the Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamers in the store that are full of crap and chemicals that our bodies do not need. I am passionate about developing recipes that fit my meal plan and keep me satisfied with every season! I hope you love this one as much as I do!
Hands on time: 10 min Containers- 1 Yellow ( as a treat 3 times a week)
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree ( NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons of goof quality pumpkin pie Spice blend
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 1-2 packets of Stevia
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ( can use 2% also)
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract ( with no corn syrup in it)
- Place pumpkin spice in a sauce pan on low heat and toast spices for about 30 seconds until you can really smell them stirring with wooden spoon often
- Add pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut sugar, stevia and pinch of salt stir for another 30 seconds or min until all flavors are incorporated into pumpkin.
- Using a whisk, slowly whisk in cream and milk to the pumpkin mixture until it is fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add the vanilla
- Store in a mason jar or container with a lid in the fridge, shake before every use. Keeps for 7-10 days. ENJOY!
--------> feeling a bit naughty try adding some Whip to the top of the coffee as a nice treat. I like to use TruWhip because it has no hydrogenated oils and no corn syrup. I found mine at Wegmans and I know Whole Foods carries it too.