The cool crisp air has arrived and that usually means heavier heartier meals to battle the cold weather! I developed this soup in mind for my November Challenge Group. I want to show how you can use simple inexpensive ingredients to create crave-able healthy meals that will not only satisfy your cozy cravings and appetite but also help you reach your health and fitness goals! If you would like to join the Eat. Drink. Get Fit. The Ultimate Thanksgiving Challenge please fill out the form at the top of the Page!
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and small diced
- 1-2 tablespoons of Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Red Onion Diced
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 2 Fuji Apples diced with skin on
- 1/2 tsp Siracha
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 40 oz Vegetable Broth
*Optional feta cheese and green onions for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Place Sweet Potatoes on baking sheet with olive oil, salt and pepper roasting for 20-25 min or until tender
3. Add 1 tbs of olive oil to a saute pan on medium heat, saute apples, carrots & onions for 5- 10 minutes until the apples are soft.
4. while they are cooking add salt, cumin, garlic, & siracha
5. Combine sweet Potatoes, apple mixture and Vegetable broth to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
To make the soup thinner, just add more broth! Serve immediately & Enjoy!