Ok you guys know I am kinda obsessed with my pancakes right!?!? I mean who does not wanna eat pancakes while still being kind to the waistline and hitting amazing goals!!!!!! I am all about eating amazing food that is not only good for you but that the family will eat too! I HATE cooking multiple things, it does not suit me. These were a HUGE hit with the whole family. The lemon flavor is light but it si refreshingly light and good! I think these would be amazing with some blueberries topped or even thrown in the batter can we say a new recipe in on the horizon! Yepppp it's gonna happen! I used Kodiak Pancake mix as the base which allows me to whip these up in no time and BONUS they have tons of protein too!
* Note- Cook these on lower heat, when I was originally testing this recipe out I had it more on a medium heat leaving the inside a bit too gooey. turning the heat down and allowing them to cook a bit longer did just the trick!
PS. Please whatever you do, do NOT I repeat DO NOT rule out these or any of my other recipes that have cottage cheese in them. I swear it is an amazing ingredient that can be used in so many ways. It is in my lasagna recipe too it just melts and is so creamy and good adding a good bit of protein to different dishes! TRUST ME!
Makes 12 Pancakes
- 2 cups of Kodiak pancake and waffle mix
- 1 3/4 cup of Almond milk ( unsweetened, can use plain or vanilla)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- zest 1 lemon ( preferably organic if possible)
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese ( 2% can be used as well but not fat-free)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 packet of stevia for sweetness
1.Preheat greased griddle or pan on med-low heat, I used coconut oil spray. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. cook on each side for about 3-4 min. ENJOY!
If following Portion Fix eating plan this is 1 red, 1 yellow- butter if added is 1 tsp and about 1-2 teaspoons of syrup.