I LOVE BBQ everything, bbq chicken pizza, bbq southwestern salads and I just have not found a Bbq that is low enough in sugar but I FINALLY came across one and I have found a WINNER. This particular brand I got at wegmans so search your local stores and see if they have it!
I got to work looking for a family friendly recipe to use this with and I came up with a BBQ meatloaf that the whole family loved!
- 1 Pound of lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup of plain gluten-free panko bread crumbs ( the whole wheat had sugar in it)
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons of bbq sauce ( Dinosaur Bar-B-Que original)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat 350 degrees and in a large bowl mix ground beef, panko, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, and BBQ sauce with salt and pepper. Be sure to not over mix the meat
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper ( less clean up) and shape the meatloaf into a long log shape.
- Mix the remaining bbq sauce, honey and Worcestershire sauce and pour over top the meatloaf
- bake for 45 min, slice and serve. if you need you can always add a touch more BBQ after it is done.
If you use portion fix I counted 1 slice as 1 red, 1 orange ( I did not account for the panko because it is likely about 1 tablespoon per slice)