I was chatting away with a friend and she said ugh I ate a whole bag of Muddy Buddies in 2 days, they were so good but I will NEVER buy them again because I seriously can not control myself and I just ingested 1,000 calories! EEEKKKK we have all had those moments where in the moment it tastes so good and then the guilt sets in!
Just her talking about them made me want some, but I didn't want to ruin my progress so I set out to make a Protien Packed Small Batch Muddy Buddies with no powdered sugar. A tall order I know, but I totally pulled it off!!!!!
The best part about this recipe is that it only takes about 3 minutes to whip up the recipe, now depending on how you look at this it could be a good thing or a bad thing!
I saved up one of my carbs for a treat swap to have these on a Saturday night while we watched Finding Dory with the kids! It the perfect amount and the crunchy chocolate sweetness was the perfect movie snack!
SERVES 4 Containers: 1 Yellow container filled is 1 treat swap
- 2 Cups Wheat Chex Cereal
- 1/4 cup 60 or 70% dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter ( I used JIF, I am sure you could use almond butter as well)
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Protein Powder sweetened with stevia ( avoid artificial sweeteners)
- 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon ( You can add up to 1 Tsp if you would like more cinnamon flavor)
- Place Cereal in a mixing bowl, set aside
- Mix vanilla protein powder with cinnamon in a small bowl set aside
- Melt peanut butter and dark chocolate chips in a glass microwave safe bowl, for about 30-40 seconds stirring every 15 seconds or until melted. ( you can also use a double boiler method if you prefer to avoid the microwave)
- Pour mixture over cereal, using a spatula or spoon stir until the cereal is coated well
- sprinkle the protein mixture onto wet cereal and toss until coated.
- Allow to cool for a bit and ENJOY!