I have been on the hunt for a good on the go bar in the mornings when life gets crazy and this one is a winner, trust me I have tried many. This one takes the cake!
Yields 6 bars Containers 1 bar = 1 Yellow 1/2 Purple 2 teaspoons
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/4 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder ( sweetened with stevia) this can be omitted if you do not have any it is just for flavor and a bit of Protein
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons of PB or Almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray 8X8 dish with coconut oil or olive oil spray.
- In a small bowl mix oats, salt, cinnamon, flax and almond meal along with protein powder if using, set aside
- In a bigger bowl combine mashed banana, applesauce, Almond butter or PB and vanilla mix until combined.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until combined, pour into baking dish
- Bake for about 25 min or until firm and toothpick comes out dry
- Allow to cool for about 10 min, cut into 6 even bars wrapping them in parchment paper after completely cooled. Store in fridge.
- When ready to eat heat for 20-30 seconds and slather almond butter on top and enjoy!
These can also be enjoyed cold but I love them a bit warm which helps the almond butter to melt over in nicely! These are an amazing quick go to! Recipe adapted from Joy Food Sunshine.