OH MY GOSH! You KNOW how much I have been enjoying my Instant Pot. I swear it is a tool that every woman needs in her life! Now that things are starting to cool down it is time to break out the comfortimg bowls of goodness and this is at the TOP of my list this year hitting the spot like no other!
Josh was asking if there was enough for seconds after he took the first bite haha! I typically save some of our dinner for leftovers the next day but this made plenty for our dinner plus lunch and his second helping so we were all happy!
- 1.25 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts ( you can use boneless skinless chicken thighs as well)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tablespoon of Garam Masala ( this is a powdered spice that you can find in most stores)
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger ( or grated fresh if you have it)
- 1 can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoon of Plain Greek yogurt or 1/4 cup coconut milk canned
- 3 tablespoons of almond butter or Peanut butter or cashew butter
- OPTIONAL LIME WEDGES
- OPTIONAL CHOPPED SALTED PEANUTS
- Press Saute button on instant pot, add butter and coconut oil along with the diced onion and sautee for 3-5 min
- In the mean time measure out all spices add them to onion mixture and stir well for 1 min
- Add Garlic and tomatoes
- Add chicken breast to mixture and ensure that they are covered in the sauce
- Secure lid on Instant Pot turning it to Manual High 16 min and ensure the vent is closed
- When done release the steam, remove the chicken and shred it. ( I prefer to transfer it to my kitchen and use the paddle attachment to shred the chicken quickly but you can also use 2 forks)
- Add shredded chicken back into sauce and stir.
- Serve just as is or over rice if desiered. I topped mine with a wedge of lime and some Salted peanuts for a crunch! ENJOY!