As soon as I made the decision to try timed nutrition I was excited and also really scared because as you know I am a foodie of all foodies and YES I want results but I also need to eat food that I absolutely enjoy because if I don't ... well, I will just fall off the wagon.
This new program that I am trying out tells you exactly how to place your foods through the day and when I saw that my blue container was placed with a veggie I was instantly heartbroken. This meant no more tortilla pizzas on Friday night so I GOT TO WORK and THIS recipe was born and my oh my and I so happy I came up with this one!
It is like having pizza with zero guilt and ALL of the results and it is AMAZING oh and it reheats really well! I am sharing all of my time nutrition meals in my IG stories so if you would like to follow along check it out at Lisa_m_Hauck
I am gonna give you the recipe to make 1 servings and you can double or triple this as you need too!
- 1 green bell pepper. with 4 sides cut off to leave a little divet to add sauce and cheese into ( you can use any color you like, I prefer green)
- 2 tablespoons of a clean Marinara sauce ( no added sugar)
- 1 oz of fresh mozzarella cut into small chunks
- A pinch of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a small pan of salted water to a boil, add the bell peppers and boil for 2-3 min just until slightly tender. ( do not overcook these or they will be too soggy)
- On a paper towel place cooked bell pepper and pat dry, salt and pepper as desired
- Preheat oven to broil and get out a sheet pan placing the bell peppers right on the pan
- Add marinara sauce, cheese, oregano and pepper to the bell pepper pizzas
- Place under broiler just until cheese is bubbly and brown about 3 min. ( keep a close eye on these and do not walk away)
If you are making more than 1 serving ( I always do) then place them in a shallow storage dish and allow to cool. Place in the fridge and reheat in the microwave until warmed through and ENJOY!