OK as you all know I have taken on timed nutrition and it has presented me with some challenges but in the face of them, I have developed some new recipes to help me make the most of it! When I found out that I needed to have a Veggie, protein and a fruit with a teaspoon of fat all as my pre-workout meal at 5:30 am I was instantly worried and then I got to work on what I like to call Sneaky Pancakes.
Yep they are green, nope you don't taste any veggies thanks to baby spinach. I have adored having these each morning. They fill the need in my meal plan and I look forward to them. One of my biggest concerns was feeling too full and not having a great workout because of it. These FIT the bill leaving me energized for my workout not weighed down!
Please check out my tips at the end of the recipe :) I hope you love them as much as I do and PS if you are wanting to try these for your kids maybe calling them the hulk pancakes might help.. xo
Makes 4 servings- about 4-5 pancakes per serving depending on the size. If you use portion fix I count 1 serving as 1 Green, 1 red, 1 purple, 1 teaspoon for the butter
- 4 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 2 ripe bananas
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packets stevia
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Olive oil spray for the griddle or pan
- Butter for serving on top
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor EXCEPT the blueberries and blend until smooth
- Heat pan or skillet on medium-low heat. I do about 325 on my griddle ( you may have to play with the heat a bit. Cook them too fast and hot and you will have a mushy burnt mess) Slow and steady ok. No walking away from these.
- Spray with no stick spray and pour batter into a fairly small pancake about 3-4 inches drop on a few blueberries while the batter is still liquid.
- Flip pancake once after it is bubbled up a bit and slightly firm. They should be lightly browned when you flip. ( picture below)
- Store leftovers in a tight container in the fridge for up to a week. These reheat amazingly!
- Serve with teaspoon of butter over top and ENJOY!
I love adding the berries because as they heat up they burst and it is almost like a warm jam! YUMMMM!