When I was growing up we ate BLT's A LOT and I LOVED them! They are easy and HELLO who does not LOVE bacon. If you don't I am not sure we can continue to be friends. It's life! As I got older and have wanted to focus on being healthy. I have learned 1 SUPER important thing about myself
I LURRRRVVEEE carbs. Like ALL of them.
My body HATES the carbs
Let me clarify. We ALL need carbs, in fact, you will have brain fog and suffer from low energy without them. In my 2.5 years as a fitness coach, I have seen my own body and clients of mine see a huge shift in success when we lose the crappy carbs and incorporate better ones like Sweet Potatoes, Red Potatoes, Beans, Corn and Edamame to name a few.
One day when I was craving a good old BLT I decided to make it fit my meal plan and goals so that is where this salad was born! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! I think this will become a summer classic I mean fresh sweet corn and some beautiful vine ripe tomatoes what is better!? foodie for life here!
If you follow Portion Fix the containers for this is 1 Red, 1 yellow, 1.5 green, 1 orange
- 1 cup of mixed lettuce, I used spinach and arugula but I also love romiane here too'
- 1 hard boiled egg sliced into quarters
- 2 strips of turkey bacon or regular bacon cooked ( I am a regular bacon girl, no nitrates, hormones or steroids added)
- 3-4 slices of fresh tomato ( grape tomatoes can be used as well summer is great for heirloom)
- 1/4 cup fresh corn cut off the cob
- 3 tablespoons mayo ( I use dukes because there is no added sugar)
- salt + pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- scant 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- scant 1/4 tsp onion powder
( This salad is GREAT for lunches if you prep a bit on the weekend. Making a batch of hard-boiled eggs and bacon and cutting up some corn storing all of these in the fridge makes this a SNAP)
- Place lettuce, tomato, egg, and corn and bacon on a plate and set aside
- For the dressing add 3 tbs of Mayo, salt, and pepper to taste, ass garlic powder and onion powder plus the juice of 1 lemon, I sometimes use half if it is a super juicy one. Taste as you go. Wisk together taste and adjust seasoning as needed per your taste.
- Top salad with 2 tablespoons of Mayo Vinaigrette and ENJOY