I began a new nutrtion program last week and I was really nervous because the plan I was using was working so well for me historically but after seeing that it not only helped people lose weight happily and was based off a lifestyle and a few principals I decided to give it a try!
To my surprise I lost 3 lbs in 3 days even while fully participating in Cinco de mayo party I threw at my house!
One of her suggestions was to not have carbs at dinner, I truly thought this would be a NO GO for me, I mean I LOVE carbs and specifically saved them for dinner. She explained that you should use your carbs for energy though the day.
Think about it... what do you do after dinner, watch tv, get the kids to bed, wind down? YEP doesn't require much energy right. My favorite part of this program is the accessories! All the yummy things you get to put on your food to make it taste amazing. That is where I was won over. not to mention it is totally working!
This healthy Pad Thai is not made with noodles, I used spaghetti squash. I HATE when people tell me " It tastes like pasta, you won't know the difference" wanna bet! Pasta is pasta and nothing is like it.
What I can tell you is that this hit the spot and I did not miss the pasta. I don't wanna be that girl that says it is exactly the same it's not but this was fantastic so give it a try! If you would like more info on the Food Freedom nutrition plan I have been loving just grab it here -> www.btyafitnessjourney.com/getfit
- 1 spaghetti squash about 3 pounds
- 1 pound of boneless skinless thin chicken breasts ( Or if you are in a hurry rotisserie chicken)
- 2 carrots sliced thin with a peeler
- 1 red onion sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper diced into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil
- scant 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- scant 1/4 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce ( low sodium or liquid Braggs)
- salt to taste
- 1.5 tablespoons of Peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 1 -2 tsp of coconut sugar
- 2 limes, Juice of 1 and save the others for squeezing over the top
- Chopped salted nuts
1. First let's make the peanut sauce! place nut butter, sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce a pinch of garlic powder and onion powder, lime juice, and coconut sugar, whisk till smooth set aside. ( if you like things a but spicy try adding a little squirt of siracha here yum!)
2. Season chicken to your liking and grill ( I like to use onion powder, garlic powder, salt, a bit of soy sauce and olive oil to season it up sometimes a bit of honey in the marinade before grilling. even if you just used salt pepper and olive oil it would be ok because of the peanut sauce! Grill till no longer pink and allow to rest on the counter slicing into thin slices when it is cooled
3. Poke a few holes in the spaghetti squash for venting and place in the microwave for 4-5 min set aside for to cool
4. While the chicken is cooking and the squash is cooling, warm a saute pan on medium heat add 2 tsp of olive oil to the pan cooking the veggies for about 3-4 min then add in garlic powder, onion powder 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce allow to cook another 3 minutes.
5. Push the veggies to the side, use the extra space in the pan to scramble the 2 eggs. As the eggs cook open the squash and scrape the seed out of the middle scraping the squash noodles into the pan, stir to incorporate it all. Test seasoning and adjust as needed.
6. Add veggie mixture to a bowl, top with chicken, peanut sauce as desired and chopped peanuts. Serve with a lime to squeeze over before eating!
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I did!