I don't know about you but this busy on the go mama does not have time to atop and fix a breakfast every morning or clean up dishes. I often turn to my on the go protein packed super-foods shake on the go but to change things up I tried this and having a some good fiber filled carbs with it and OMG.
It smells like happiness and it tastes EVEN better!
This has stayed in the fridge for 10 days and I have been alternating it and it is still perfectly awesome just heated in the microwave for 20 seconds. I love to melt a little butter, add some salt, coconut sugar and cinammon and drizzle it over!
For the kids of a special treat you could even make a little icing drixxle with a bit of powdered sugar. Seriously though this was so easy to throw together and you likely have all the ingredients already!
- 2 Cups old fashioned oats ( if you need gluten free just purchase gluten free oats)
- 3/4 cup of oat flour ( grind up some oats in blender or food processor till it looks like flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 scoop vanilla Protein powder
- 1 tablespoon + 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9x9 pan or line with parchment paper
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Mix all wet ingredients
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together, pour in baking pan
- Bake for 35-40 min