I feel like I hit the Jackpot on this one! I absolutely love lemon and pancakes, putting them together is a dream come true. I want to still stay on track and not make a super sugary lemon filling that will set back my progress and leave me feeling less than good about my choices. I have been experimenting with cottage cheese and let me tell you the results have been phenomenal. Hear me out, do not click the X just yet if you hate cottage cheese I get it! I am right there with you, I have texture issues and chewing or not chewing on mush is not my idea of appetizing! I have used this is several other savory recipes that you can find on my page, I decided to try it with some sweetness and it was creamy, sweet and just the right amount of tart! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Make any pancakes that you like check out these amazing pancakes here or another easy option is Kodiak pancake mix which is higher in protien than many other ready to use pancake mixes.
For these I used 2 cups of Kodiak Mix, 2 eggs, 1 1/4 cup of milk follow directions as stated on he box.
Containers- 2 pancakes 1 yellow (treat) 1 red
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla ( no high fructose corn syrup added)
- 1 packet of Stevia
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 lemon zested & 1/2 lemon juiced
- optional fresh strawberries or blueberies
- Place all ingredients ( except berries if using) into a blender or a food processor and blend until smooth
- place lemon mixture between pancakes and on top. Top with fruit and drizzle with a bit of extra syrup