I LOVE carbs it is not a secret ha! I know for a fact that is how I became 50 lbs overweight and I also have learned the difference between good carbs and carbs that are not so good for you. Nope, they are not all created equal and YES we ALL need carbs..... Literally, your brain functions on carbs so take them away from your diet and you will be foggy and let's not forget HANGRY.
The #1 carb that you should be eating more of is sweet potatoes. They are so yummy and will keep you full and your body happy! Think I can chase my toddler around all day kinda energy.
- I have been LOVING these for breakfast paired with some carmalized red onions and eggs. I have made these into a SIMPLE meal by pre-cooking the sweet potato because when the mood strikes and you need food the last thing I want to do is wait too long to make it. By that time I will end up grabbing something I should not have.
SUPER SECRET NINJA TRICK is to scrub the skin, stab a few time ha, and then cook in the microwave. once cooled enough just cut them into little disks so they are ready when you are!
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL thin sliced red onion
- Scrub the sweet potato, poke a few holes with knife or fork.
- Place in Microwave ( I use the Potato feature ) cook until soft
- Allow a few minutes for cooling so you can cut the potato into disks leaving the skin on because there are so many nutrients in the skin. ( PREP TIP: you can stop here and once cooled put in the fridge then pop them out any time you want them)
- Preheat nonstick pan to medium-high heat, add oil. Once the pan is hot add your sweet potatoes ( I love to cook onions with this at the same time too) sautee for about 3 minutes on each side flipping until both sides are toasy brown and slightly crispy.
- Salt and pepper to taste and ENJOY!