Picture this... it's girls night and your friend knows you are all trying to be good but brings these amazing looking brownies anyway.... I only had one that turned into 3!!!!! Thankfully she cut them in tiny squares. I swear I dreamed about those brownies so I went on the hunt for a clean eating recipe and I found on over at Joy Food Sunshine. I made some adjustments and oh my gosh they were so good!
Josh picked on up after guy night looked at me before he took the bite knowing they might be "too healthy" for him and with a full mouth said WOW these are pretty good!
So next girls night I'll be bringing these and see how the girls like them!
Container Count- 1 Brownie + 1 Yellow treat swap
- 6 Tablespoons of butter
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips ( I love Enjoy Life or 60-70% cocoa)
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 packet of stevia
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder sifted
- 3 TBS arrowroot powder ( or cornstarch)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips for mixing in
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Line a pie dish with parchment paper
- In a small bowl sift together Cocoa powder and arrowroot powder and salt, set aside
- Add eggs and vanilla to stand mixer and beat for 1- 2 minutes
- In a microwave safe container melt 3/4 cup chocolate chips and butter, stir to combine
- add butter/chocolate mixture, mix until combined.
- Add in sifted cocoa powder, just until mixed
- By hand stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Pour batter into pie dish, spread out evenly
- Bake for 18-25 min until toothpick comes out clean
I like to take them out just before I think they are done allow to cool a few min and lift the brownies out of the dish using the paper and use a knife or pizza cutter to cut 8 slices.
ENJOY!!!!!! If you like a bit of a sweeter brownie try using regular cocoa and not dark add 1 more packet of stevia or 1/4 cup of Coconut sugar for that caramel taste, also consider a bit of melted PB on top..YUMMMMMM