When ever I have soup and pasta or heck just a drive by craving for some garlic bread the first thing I think is the yummy frozen garlic bread that just gets popped in the oven, it's so easy right!?!? Well this one is just as easy! I had enough when one day I developed a homemade tomato soup and HAD to have some garlicky cheesy goodness to dip into it!
Give this a try and PLEASE whatever you do DO NOT turn your nose up just because of the ingredients because if you do it is your loss! Here is the deal most people hate cottage cheese it gets a terrible wrap for its texture issues however throw into a food processor and add a few goodies and it is a creamy delicious spread that is high in protien and also super satisfying! I use the very same technique in my favorite easy lasagna which is a HUGE hit with the ladies in my challenge group working on getting fit. They can not believe that it tastes so amazing and is that easy to put together! Not to mention it is 100% on plan to help them achieve their fitness goals. I created this blog to show you that it is not only possible but easy to create family friendly, crave-able foods that you can enjoy while meeting your fitness goals!
Serves 2 people Containers- 1 Yellow 1/2 Red 1 Blue Difficulty- EASY TIME- 10 Min
- 2 100% whole wheat tortillas or Flatout
- 1 cup 2-4% cottage cheese ( please do not use fat free)
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425
- Place 2 tortillas on a baking sheet, cook in oven for about 4-5 min turning a few times until crispy. ( don't walk away from these they can burn quickly, you are looking for lightly browned and crispy)
- While the tortillas are crisping place cottage cheese, oregano, salt & pepper, farlic powder and Parmesan cheese in a food processor or blender. Blend on high until smooth about 30 seconds
- Remove crispy tortillas from oven, spread 1/2 the filling on each one and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Optional garnish with a bit more oregano.
- Place back into oven until the cheese is melted- Sometimes I'll place the oven on broil for 30 seconds to get the browned bubbly cheesy goodness going!
- ENJOY and share with a friend!