Meal Prep is SO KEY, on any week but especially when its crazy busy which is every week who are we kidding. This week I am solo parenting this week since Josh is out of town for a congerence and I KNOW myself. If I don't prep I will skip lunch and we will eat cereal for dinner, kids might love that but we all know that is a no go....
So I prepped this chicken and it just MIGHT become a favorite in our house
- 1 Package of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 6 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger ( or fresh graded if you have it on hand)
- 2 teaspoon dark toasted sesame oil
- In a large bowl mix honey, soy sauce, herbs until well combined
- slowly drizzle in the sesame oil while whisking mixture
- Place half of the mixture in a small bowl reserve for later
- Place chicken thighs in large bowl to sit in the marinade for 20 min up to a few hours ( I am the 20 min lady while the grill heats up haha!
- Grill marinated chicken till done and allow to cool before cutting up
- Serve right away OR use this chicken as part of your meal prep bowls
- Use reserved marinade and add to chicken after it is cooked for an extra punch os flavorful sticky goodness!
I used a Brown Jasmine rice in the 90-second pouch to pair with my meal for ease due to the time I had and roasted off some broccoli this would be amazing with some fresh green beans too!