Healthier Banana Bread! I have tried my fair share of flops from not tasting good to being totally mushy in the middle BUT let me tell you this one was amazing!!! Had the perfect texture and taste, the house smelled amazing and the whole family loved it! Don't forget to Share!
Prep time 10 Min Bake time 55 Min Containers- 1 slice is 1 yellow container for a treat swap
- 1/3 Cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of mashed banana ( about 2 1/2 -3 ripe bananas)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour ( or regular whole wheat)
- Optional - 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips ( I like enjoy life brand)
1. Preheat oven to 325 and spray 9 x 5 loaf pan with coconut oil.
2. In a kitchen Aid or large bowl wisk honey and coconut oil, Add the eggs then that bananas and milk to until combined.
3. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
4. Add flour mixture slowly to the banana batter, until it is all incorporated, do not over mix. If using fold in chocolate chips or nuts gently
5. Pour into greased pan and bake for 55 min or until a toothpick comes out clean, allow to cool and ENJOY!
I sent this with the kids for afternoon snacks for school and they gobbled it up!