I love soups because they are so comforting and they are an easy way to get in a ton of veggies! This recipe is awesome in the fridge it just gets better with time! This recipe also freezes really well. You can eat this plain but I love all of the topping that is what makes it AMAZING. The inspiration for this dish came from 100 days of real food. I have made some tweaks and I am pretty sure I am famous for this soup now.
You know that your meal is gonna be great when it starts off with these beautiful colors. What I love about clean eating is how beautiful it is, no one wants to sit down to a plate of brown food, give me the colors and nutrients please!
This is the portion size I make for my family you could easily half this if you wanted to but we love it so much I always make a double batch because it freezes great and is just gets better as it sits in the fridge.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 onions
- 2 green zucchini
- 2 cups frozen or fresh corn
- 3 cloves of garlic (or already minced garlic)
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon siracha sauce
- Heavy pinch of salt about 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 14.5 oz cans dice tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 3 limes
- 32 oz ( 1 large box) low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- Avocado, cilantro cheddar cheese and Greek yogurt, lime wedges for garnish.
- *optional shredded chicken I usually leave it out but if I have some already shredded it is a nice addition.
- Chop the onion, peppers, and zucchini into ½” pieces. Dice the garlic.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Toss in the onions.
- After a couple of minutes add the peppers and zucchini. Add in the cumin, chili powder, heavy pinch of salt and Siracha sauce the spices and stir the veggies until they start to soften.
- Add the frozen corn (no need to defrost) and garlic since these don’t take as long to cook.
- Add the tomato paste, stir well and cook for 1 minute
- add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil then turn down to low. Simmer for a few minutes or until you are ready to eat.
- Right before serving squeeze the juice of 2 limes and stir well.
- Ladle into bowls, top with garnishes, and enjoy!
I also love to serve this with tortilla chips as a treat, make sure to enjoy in moderation.
1 Green Container = 1 green 1/2 purple 1 tsp. this is for the soup only count garnishes as needed.