I LOVE chipotle flavors! Mexican anything is a go in my book! I used to reach for the Chipotle Grill Mates seasoning packet but the very first ingredient is sugar and the sodium content is CRAZY! A whopping 4,160 mg of sodium in 1 packet! Man my bubble was burst when I first realized that these were not the best option for my high protien grilled chicken breasts! When I began on my weight loss journey there were so many things that I was doing wrong. If only I knew then what I know now I would have saved myself tons of frustration and to think I almost gave up on myself thinking I would never be fit just because I was a mom! If you are lost on where to start on your journey just fill out the application at the top of this page! Now back to the Mexican food because that is what is important! To serve my craving, I came up with this and I truly love this marinade! We use it all the time and it hits the spot for me and I think you and your family will love it too!
Enough marinade for 4 large chicken breast or 6-8 thin breasts
- 1 package of chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- 1/2 Tablespoon Mrs. Dash Southwestern Chipotle seasoning
- 1/2 Tablespoon Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime
- 1/2 tablespoon of Siracha
- 1 generous teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lime ( or 2-3 tablespoons or rice wine vinegar)
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except the olive oil, whisk together until combined.
- Once combined whisk in the olive oil until the dressing has become all incorporated
- Reserve 2 tablespoons for basting if desired
- Add chicken to marinade and let marinade for at least 10 minutes
- Grill until no longer Pink basting on the marinade as you grill
This chicken is great on its own or used in a burrito bowl especially the next day for lunch