I am doing this AMAZING Rapids results program because well....3 summer vacations kicked my butt and I was bloated and not feeling my best so I choose something NEW that I had never tried before and IT WORKED!
But in order for me to follow this meal plan, I HAD to make some carb sacrifices during the rd and final week so that is where this meal came into play. This momma was craving some Italian goodness and it
- 1 lb Lean Ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 3 teaspoons Mrs Dash Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste ( I use pink salt)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of 4% Cottage cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated Parm cheese
- 2 cups of your fav Marinara sauce or Tomato sauce
- 6 Zucchini cut length wise and most of the flesh removed to create a cavity
- 1 cup of mozzarella
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425
- Place cut seeded zucchini on a sheet pan lined with tin foil, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper bake for 10-15 min unitl slightly soft
- Mean while brown meat and chopped red onion on medium high heat, add salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to taste.
- Add tomato sauce allow to simmer for 2-3 min on low
- while it simmers place cottage cheese, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning and grated cheese in a blender and blend till smooth and creamy
- Fill zuchinni boats with creamy sauce and meat. Top it all with extra creamy sauce and mozrella cheeese.
- Place back into the oven just until cheese is melted
PRO TIP- To make this a fast easy week night dinner make the meat mixture and zuchinni boats over the weekend so you just have to blend the cheesey sauce and assemble!
A little bit of meal prep goes a LONG WAY at 5pm :) ENJOY!