I love Peanut butter and jelly just like the next person but its what my kids eat these days not mama! I kicked it up to the adult knotch with these PB and J oats for a super fast simple breakfast or great snack!
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
To make this an easy breakfast idea you can take 1/4 cup quick oats and place them into a snack size baggie with a pinch of salt and cinnamon and they will be ready to dump in a bowl and add PB Berries and liquid for a simple breakfast. To Make it even faster choose blueberries, rasberries or blackberries for no chopping.
Portion Fix Containers - 1 yellow, 1 purple 2tsp
- 1/4 cup of quick oats dry
- a pinch of salt ( do not skip this step)
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of honey or 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of crunch almond butter ( you can use PB or smooth but crunch almond butter is the best combo I have tried)
- 3/4 cup fresh berries of choice
- Hot water I like my oatmeal a bit thicker so add for you desired consistency
- Put dry oats, salt, cinnamon, almond butter and sweetner of choice in a bowl add hot water for your desired consistancey.
- allow the oatmeal to sit for 1 or 2 min, stir well and top with berries