I am so exited to share this recipe because these were so fast and easy, filled with good ingredients and I got Colin my pickiest eater to love them. I call them cookie dough balls for him and it worked! He gobbled them up. He has a hard time with veggies and Protein, I was sneaky and added 1 scoop of Shakeology in here which had plant based fruits and veggies plus protein and pro-biotics. it is so packed with nutrients it makes me feel great that he enjoyed it ( when he was helping me make it, he asked what it was and I said vanilla powder, he was perfectly cool with that....man the things we sometimes have to do lol.
We saw a new Pediatrician Dr. Yum, she specializes in helping kids learn to be an exploring eater. One of her recommendations was to have Colin help me in the kitchen. I always feel like I am in a hurry and never have time to slow down and let him help with dinner. I thought starting with a snack was perfect. I measured out most of the ingredients before I called him over to help. He did great and was already asking to try it before we were even done. I used Almond butter in this recipe to give him more omega 3 and he didn't even notice, I think I will slowly increase the amount of Almond butter.
Time: 5 minutes Makes about 20-25 balls depending on the size I like a bit of a smaller ball
Containers: 1 yellow 3-4 balls depending on the size you make them (treat)
- 1 cup instant rolled oat (dry, uncooked oats)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup (generous 1/4 cup) mini dark chocolate chips ( I love Enjoy Life brand, Food Lion even carries it now)
- 1 tsp vanilla ( preferred real vanilla made without High Fructose corn syrup not imitation)
- 1 scoop of vanilla or chocolate Shakeology (or other Protein powder)
- 1/2 cup almond butter or peanut butter ( I did 1/2 and 1/2)
- 1/4 cup ground flax (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together siring until combined, roll into balls
- Store in freezer or fridge