I did this 5-day Detox after eating my body weight in candy at Easter... JK it wasn't that bad but I was nott feeling good. Bloated, sluggish, craving sugar and I knew I needed to rid my body of all that sugar. This smoothie was part of it and It has stuck around I absolutely LOVED IT!
PRO TIP- You know when you buy grapes and you didn't get though all of them before they start to turn? Throw those bad boys in the freezer and use them for this smoothie. Bonus if you take them off the vine to make it even easier to grab for this quick delishous smoothie!
- 2 cups of organic baby spinach
- 1/4 avocado ( don't skip this, I know it seems weird but it makes it creamy!)
- 1/4 cup red grapes ( these can be fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup organic frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon Almond butter ( I used cashew once and it was not the same, I recommend almond butter for best results crunchy is my fav!)
- 1 tsp ground flax ( can omit if you do not have it)
- 1 cup of water
- Place all of the ingredients into a high powered blender and blend till smooth, add more water for thinner or less for a thicker smoothie. Ice is optional I think the flavor is better without if you have frozen fruit.