Josh and I had our 10 year anniversary in JAMAICA! It was amazing and everyday there was little food truck that came around every day with Jerk Chicken and it was sooooo good! Guess who scored the recipe from the HEAD CHEF. Yep MEEEEEE!!!!!
I tried this out, made a few adjustments in the heat level lol! Here it is I hope you enjoy it! It is perfect for a backyard BBQ. There are several spices but it is so worth it!
If you use Portion Fix Containers this is 1 RED 1 orange
- 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs ( or a whole chicken chopped up)
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 3 green onion stalks
- 1-2 scotch bonnet peppers. ( I used 1 but could have gone 2. Josh is a wimp)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tbs Allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 3/4 teaspoons nutmeg
- 3/4 cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup liquid amino's or low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice ( not from concentrate)
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- Blend the first 4 ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pour into a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, stir to combine.
- remove 1 cup of the liquid. You will reserve this for serving sauce
- Place chicken in the remainder of the sauce in the bowl. Cover and place in the fridge for 24-48 hours.
- Pre-heat grill. Grill chicken till done.
- Meanwhile, simmer reserved 1 cup of sauce on low while chicken is cooking. thicken for 10 /15 min
- Serve sauce over chicken enjoy!
This meal is amazing over some brown rice and mango salsa!