I absolutely LOVE this clean eating Granola, it is super easy to make and makes the house smell like heaven! This is a great addition to Greek yogurt and even makes a quick trail mix on the go. Just add dried fruit or fresh blueberries, unsweetened coconut flakes and some dark chocolate chunks. I find the best deals on raw nuts at Trader Joes so if you have one in your area stock up on you favorites and store them in the freezer. Nuts have oils and do go rancid, by storing them in the freezer they will stay good forever!
- 3 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups raw mixed nuts ( pecans, walnuts, almonds pumpkin seeds and cashews)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil or butter (preferred coconut oil)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 F, Line a 13 X 18 inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up and set aside.
- Mix the oats, nuts, cinnamon, ginger right on baking sheet, mix well. ( you can also use a bowl)
- In a small pot combine Honey and coconut oil or butter, simmer till melted then add vanilla and salt,stir.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and use a spatula to combine.
- Spread granola mixture evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 75 minutes tossing once or twice
- Let the granola cool then break it up and store for 2 weeks in an air tight container