This recipe is a very good light dinner or makes a great side! It is filling and delicious with a tangy lime dressing to round out the dish.
Roast the sweet potatoes with salt, pepper and Mrs. dash southwestern seasoning. While they roast, chop the veggies and make the dressing. Toss the sweet potatoes, veggies, beans and corn together with the dressing and serve! This salad can be served hot, room temperature or cold, great option for a BBQ.
- 1 bag of peeled chopped sweet potatoes or 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of frozen corn thawed
- 2 bell peppers any color diced
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 handful cilantro washed chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Mrs. dash southwestern chipotle
- Siracha to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2-3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet (peel and dice if needed) season with salt, pepper, cumin and Mrs. dash seasoning and olive oil, Toss to coat cook for 40 min or until fork tender
- Place chopped bell peppers, cilantro, onion, corn and black beans into large bowl
- Put honey into a small bowl with salt, pepper, siracha juice of 2 limes, and Dijon. Wisk all ingredients to incorporate well then drizzle in olive oil
- Once sweet potatoes are done toss them into the bowl with the other veggies and coat with the dressing, add salt and pepper to taste.
This salad is very good and can be made spicy or mild depending on your preference. It is great as leftovers too! This would be a wonderful side to some southwestern grilled chicken.
21 day fix conversion 1 green container is 1 serving = 1 Yellow, .5 green, 1 orange