I have been wanting to try some new recipes and eat some healthier carbs because lord knows I LOVE all of the unhealthy kinds! I decided to try Quinoa in a parfait.....well I fell in love! I literally ate this for lunch on the go for 3 days last week! I was able to make them in advance and store them in the fridge for the week. They got even better as the week went on! I already developed a fall recipe for a Apple Pie parfait, I couldn't help it! so check out this beauty....
Make them.....you will love them! you can use any kind of fruit you want. The yogurt I choose for these is Oikos Triple Zero vanilla Greek yogurt because it has WAY less sugar than other Greek yogurts. Man you have to watch out for those most of them have 24/25 grams of sugar in them! Following my meal plan I used 1 yellow container of Quinoa, 1 Red container for the Greek Yogurt and 1 Purple for the mixed berries.
*This recipe makes 5 pint size mason jars
- 1 Quart of Oikos Triple Zero Vanilla Yogurt ( or 5 individual containers)
- 1 cup of Quinoa cooked to package directions
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of 100% pure maple syrup
- heavy pinch of salt
- 5 cups of mixed berries ( I used strawberries, blueberries, and a few raspberries)
- 5 pint size Mason Jars
- Cook Quinoa according to package, be sure to rinse and add the cinnamon and pinch of salt to the water ( the cinnamon will look like it is floating on the top that is OK) when it is don't add syrup and stir to incorporate. allow to cool before assembling jars
- Meanwhile cut strawberries or any other fruit you choose to use
- Layer jars with yogurt, fruit then Quinoa, using 1/2 cup for the quinoa, 1 cup for the berries and 3/4 cup for the yogurt until all layered up.
- Store in the fridge for the week and grab and go! Enjoy!