You guys this is the BEST salsa EVER! I know someone who used this recipe at a yearly salsa cook off that her family does every year. Everyone took hours to roast their own tomatoes and garlic, the whole 9 yards. She whipped this up right before hand and by blind taste test, WON! They were all so mad because they picked on her saying no way she would win. And it is even better the next day.
I always make a double this recipe because it seriously gets torn up in our house. I love taking this to a BBQ because it is so simple, I am always asked for the recipe without fail. This can also be stored in the freezer and it thaws beautifully!
- 1- 14 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1- 10 oz can fire roasted Rotel ( or original can be used)
- 1/2 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 jalapeno, seeded or not (depends on how spicy you like it)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- small to medium size handful of cilantro, washed
- juice of 1 lime
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or good blender ( I pulse mine to get a medium texture and if you just turn it on and leave it it will be a thinner consistency) for best results store overnight in the fridge. This salsa gets better each day it is in the fridge! ENJOY!