As many of you know I have taken on a new booty and ab program that calls for some timed nutrition which is AMAZING! It is was also really different from what I was doing and I found that prep was the KEY to being successful with the program.
Naturally, when I learned I would need to eat a combo of Protein ( red) Carb (yellow) and veggie ( a green) in the am I got to work on thinking what can I do to make this something OTHER than eggs. Because that will get old for me REAL quick.. am I right or what !?!?!?!? I need variety in my life and I NEED to love my food. This one hit the spot for a fast, easy portable meal that eats like a snack!
This muffin is not sweet like you would expect for a typical muffin. SO if you are not used to eating clean I would add 3 Tablespoons of 100% pure maple syrup to this recipe and work you way down as your taste buds change!
Makes 12 Muffins - 3 muffins is 1 serving
For my peeps following my meal plan, this is 1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1 Red 1 teaspoon ( to learn more about my meal plan and to join our accountability group apply here www.btyafitnessjourney.com/getfit
- 1 cup quick oats
- a rounded 1/2 tsp of salt of half tsp with a heavy pinch added ( do not skip this)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 packets of stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt. ( if you like a sweeter muffin you can use Okioks Triple Zero vanilla yogurt)
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven 350
- Line a muffin pan with silicone liners ( these were perfect and no sticking, or spray pan)
- Place oats in blender or food processor and blend until it resembles a flour
- Add the rest of the ingredients blend until smooth
- distribute the batter evenly in muffin pan
- Bake for about 20 min
- enjoy! I serve these slightly warmed with a teaspoon of butter